Simple Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium eggplant (about 5 small eggplants)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Pita and veggies, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°F and wrap the eggplant in foil. Roast the eggplant for 50 to 60 minutes, or until it is soft and collapses to the touch. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Once cool to the touch, peel the skin from the eggplant, removing any big clumps of seeds. Place the flesh in a strainer over a bowl and let stand for 20 minutes to remove excess water.
Place the eggplant flesh, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Mashing with a fork also works if you don't have a food processor. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes, if using. Serve with pita and veggies.